Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing a new type of threat: weapons known as “machine lifeforms.” In the face of this insurmountable threat, mankind is driven from Earth and takes refuge on the Moon. As 2B, a member of the newly organized android military force YoRHa, players will immerse themselves in a ferocious battle to take back the planet.
Experience a captivating story that goes beyond simple entertainment, inspiring a wide array of emotions as it unfolds through genre-blending action in a beautifully desolate open world.
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customize a loadout that caters to their playstyle
- Utilize the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions
Easily one of the best ports for the Switch. The game is locked at 30fps at it hasn't dipped on me so far. I'm not much of a graphics person. I have this game for the PS5 too and I can't see the difference in graphics. The only noticeable difference is that the PS5 makes the game run smoother.
Every person's 2nd playthrough of this won't be the same due to the game having 26 different endings. The best part? You can bring this game with you anywhere. If this is your first time playing Nier, I can easily recommend the Switch version.