Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is a 2D action Metroidvania that builds on and refines the original Death’s Gambit experience. Using an array of equipment, weapons, and abilities, Sorun must fight his way through the kingdom of Siradon to rid the land of its curse and fulfill his agreement with Death. Afterlife offers a wealth of new features and changes, including reworked movement, fine-tuned encounters, new bosses, levels, and more!
- Metroidvania Upgrades - Afterlife features new movement and attack mechanics that the player must find in order to access levels
- Expanded World - All levels in the base game have undergone restructuring and expansion. The game world has doubled in size, featuring 10 new levels on top of the original 11, to be one of the biggest metroidvania games on the market
- New Bosses and Reworks - Four bosses have been improved upon, and there are now brand new bosses
- Expanded Talents and Weapons - The total amount of talents and weapons have been drastically increased. Now, each class has its own talent tree, and each weapon type has at least two new versions
- Crafting and New Game + - Players can scavenge, hunt, and dismantle equipment to craft certain equipment/items. In New Game +, there are now new enemy variants and modifiers that players will encounter for the first time